Funny Faced Sambos
- Wholemeal bread, wholemeal bagels or plain rice cakes
Selection of toppings such as
- This recipe can be made with any combination of healthy ingredients!
- Use your favourite shaped cutter to cut shapes in your ingredients and get creative making some funny faces for your lunchtime snack.
- Why not trying cutting a shape out of a slice of wholemeal bread? Replace the cut-out bread with a filling in the same shape. For example, if you cut out a star from the bread, then replace the missing bread with star shaped cheese!
- Have fun making lots of funny faces – try using cherry tomatoes or olives for eyes, or half a slice of cucumber for a mouth, or even a baby carrot for a long nose.
- Be as creative as you like!
- Use any shaped cutters to create fun shapes to put on your sandwich.
- As an alternative, why not make some funny faces on rice cakes? Try tuna in a light mayonnaise as the base, then layer shapes on top for the eyes, nose, mouth, teeth and even hair!
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the cubes of sweet potato to a roasting dish and spray with Frylight. Season with salt and pepper and cook in the oven for 15 min.
- Heat a pan and spray with Frylight. Add spinach to the pan and cook for 3 mins until it’s slightly wilted.
- Place spinach and roasted sweet potato into an oven proof baking dish along with the cherry tomatoes. Pour egg mixture over top and then sprinkle with the Low Low grated cheese.
- Bake for approx 30 mins until frittata is lightly golden on top and set.
- Slice into squares. Once cooled, refrigerate in an airtight container.
- Pop into a lunchbox for a healthy and tasty school treat.