BANANA AND BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- 125g porridge oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp (50ml) coconut oil
- 3 tbsp (50ml) honey
- 1 egg
- 180ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g blueberries
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C.
- Mix together 125g porridge oats and 125g oat flour with 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of salt. (Oat flour is made by placing the oats in a blender or food processor and blitz for 20 seconds).
- Add 2 mashed ripe bananas and stir with a fork.
- Whisk together 3 tbsp (50ml) honey, 3 tbsp (50ml) coconut oil, an egg, 180ml milk and 1 tsp vanilla extract and mix well.
- Finally, gently stir in 125g blueberries. Raisins or dried cranberries can be used instead of the blueberries if you wish.
- Divide into 12 silicone or paper muffin cases (to prevent sticking spray silicone cases with Frylight before filling).
- Bake for 25-30 mins until nicely browned; you may need to turn the tray around in the oven after 20 mins baking to ensure even cooking.
- These muffins freeze very well. Freeze them in freezer bags after they have cooled completely.