Strawberry Cheesecake Tart
1 x sheet of frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
1 tsp milk
For the ganache:
60g plain chocolate, finely chopped
60ml double cream
15g unsalted butter, at room temperature
For the filling:
230g cream cheese, softened
50g icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp cream
For the topping:
340g strawberries, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Roll out the pastry on a lightly-floured surface and use it to line a 23cm tart tin. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Line the pastry with parchment paper and fill with baking beans. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the parchment paper and beans and brush the milk over. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- Place the chocolate for the ganache in a glass bowl. Heat the cream in a small saucepan over a low heat. When bubbles begin to form at the edges of the pan, pour the cream over the chocolate and stir until creamy and smooth.
- Whisk in the butter, then spread over the bottom of the cooled tart. Allow to set.
- Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar for the filling until smooth. Beat in the vanilla and cream, then spread over the ganache.
- Layer over the sliced strawberries, pressing them into the filling to keep them in place. Serve chilled.
Per Serving 238kcals, 17.8g fat (10.7g saturated), 16.5g carbs, 12.5g sugars, 3.4g protein, 0.9g fibre, 0.11g sodium.