2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 green pepper, diced
½ aubergine, diced
100g sundried tomatoes, chopped
500g beef, chicken or turkey mince
3 tbsp tomato passata
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
200ml chicken stock
A large handful of fresh basil leaves, torn
400g Rigatoni pasta (or other pasta of your choice)
Salt and black pepper
To serve: Parmesan, grated A few fresh basil leaves, torn
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, pepper, aubergine and sundried tomatoes and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables have softened. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan over a medium heat and add the mince. Cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up the mince, or until browned.
- Return the vegetables to the pan and stir in the Passata, chopped tomatoes, stock and fresh basil. Season with salt and pepper and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Place a large saucepan of water with a pinch of salt on a high heat and bring to the boil. Add the pasta and cook as per the packet instructions. Drain.
- Serve the pasta with a spoon of bolognese, topped with fresh basil and Parmesan.
Per Serving 737kcals, 18.8g fat (1.2g saturated), 100g carbs, 17.5g sugars, 47g protein, 10.8g fibre, 0.67g sodium.