We are delighted to be working with dietician Ellen Roche on our SPAR Better Choices range. As the SPAR Better Choices nutritionist, Ellen has provided some healthy recipes for us to share with you. Why not try her Get up n’ Go Granola Bars.
Get up n’ Go Granola Bars
• 2 tbspn cashew or almond butter (left at room
temperature for half hour before use)
• 2 tbspn honey
• 100g melted butter or 2 tbspn soft virgin coconut oil
• 1 lightly beaten egg
• 1 tspn vanilla extract
• 4 cups of regular porridge oats
• 1/2 cup of chia or flaxseeds
• 1/2 cup roughly chopped nuts of your choice
• 1 cup of dried cranberries / raisins / blueberries
• 1 tspn cinnamon
Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius.
Mix the honey, egg, butter / oil, vanilla and nut butter in a bowl with an electric mixer. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined. Spread mixture onto a parchment-lined 26x32cm dish. Use a spatula to spread evenly and compress into the dish. Bake for 15-20 mins in oven then leave to cool in the tin. When cold, cut into bars which may be wrapped individually with cling film. Store a week’s supply in the fridge and the remainder can be placed in the freezer.
Makes 24 bars.
Registered Dietitian BSc
Nutr PG Dip Dietetics
For more information, go to our Better Choices page