Win big for your school this Christmas with our SPAR Christmas Song competition!
This festive season, SPAR is awarding a prize fund of €10,000 to schools across the country. All you have to do for a chance to win some Christmas Cash for your school is upload a video of your school choir singing the SPAR Christmas Song. 10 schools will be awarded €1,000 each and one winning choir will get to star in their own Christmas Music video!
To help you practice, visit SPAR Ireland’s YouTube page to sing along with our Christmas ad
Competition closes on Friday 1st December
Terms and conditions
- SPAR Ireland is the sole sponsor of the promotion and holds sole responsibility for promotion management.
- The prize draw is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland only; excluding employees of SPAR Ireland, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion.
- Entries must be made by persons aged 18 years or older.
- The competition is open to both primary and secondary schools.
- No purchase is necessary. Entry to the prize draw is free.
- Only one entry per school. Multiple entries made by the same person/ same school from various email accounts or from the same IP address will not be accepted.
- To enter simply record a 60 second video of your school choir singing the song from the SPAR Ireland Christmas TV advert and upload the video to the competition page on www.spar.ie/competitions/choir. A Karaoke style video is available to schools at https://www.youtube.com/@SPARIreland – this video may be used to learn the song and may also feature in the entry videos should a school wish to play it as the backing track in their video entry.
- A condition of entry is that all students featured in the entry videos must have given permission to be filmed.
- Competition goes live on November 17th 2023 and ends on December 1st 2023 at 11.59pm.
- There will be 10 winners. Prize offered is €1,000 cash for 10 schools. The total prize fund is €10,000. One winning school will be selected to feature in a short music video that will be filmed by SPAR in the winning school. Filming of the music video will take place during the week of 11th December on a date that is agreed between both parties. The music video will launch on SPAR’s social media channels on 19th December and will also be available to the winning school for sharing on their own social media channels.
- The 10 winning videos may be posted as a collection on SPAR’s YouTube channel, with Facebook and Instagram posts from SPAR Ireland’s platforms announcing that the winners’ videos may be viewed at https://www.youtube.com/@SPARIreland.
- Funds will be transferred to the winning schools’ bank accounts by electronic transfer. Proof of address and bank account details will be requested in order to transfer the prize.
- The prize is non-transferable. The prize will be awarded to 10 schools; and not to individual entrants or to individual members of a winning choir.
- At the end of the competition, 10 winning schools will be chosen from the entries. The winners will be contacted by phone or email as provided by the school during the competition entry process.
- The personal information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this promotion and for no other purpose. The winners contact details will used SPAR Ireland in order to send out your prize. Once all parties are satisfied that you have received your prize, your contact details will be removed from all databases. The Promoter is bound by the Data Protection Act 1998 or General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as applicable.
- In the event that a winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within 48 hours to winner notification, an alternative winner will be selected from the entries.
- The information you provide will only be used for this promotion unless specific authorisation is given.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook/Instagram / Tik Tok / YouTube. You understand that you are providing your information to page owners of this promotion and not to Facebook/Instagram/ Tik Tok / YouTube. The information you provide will only be used for this promotion unless specific authorisation is given.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any entry that is believed to be in breach of these terms & conditions.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for lost, misplaced or damaged entries, nor any liability for technical errors or communication failures in networks and/or internet access or for any other reason.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner under these terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to amend, discontinue, temporarily or permanently withdraw this competition and these terms & conditions, for reasons outside of their control. An updated version of the terms & conditions will be published as soon as possible.
- The decision of the Promoter will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry to the competition will be considered a full & unconditional acceptance of the terms and conditions of this promotion.
- These terms & conditions are governed by Irish law.